Walking With Jesus!!

It is not easy to walk with Jesus and yet a lot of Christians wanted to walk right with Jesus.. Therefore I really want to blog all my walks so that I can remember all the walks that I have had with Jesus and to rely on Him and allow Him to carry me when I couldn't walk right with Him anymore.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Giving is the virtue of serving God...

Last night I called an old friend of mine just to say hello. Well we talk a little bit, asking each other questions bout our own self. Then we talk about living expenses. Well she was quite stress up cause need to work hard and earn little while for me earn a lil bit more than normal and still happy. I mean financially la of course.
I told her that I am continuing my studies in CIMA while I work and I told her bout my pay. She told me that she could not cope on with her current living life with I don't know the exact amount but I guess it is more than RM1500 because she got a degree while I am earning bout RM1200++ with just a diploma.
Anyway she was shocked with my current pay. I told her that I am quite satisfied with my current pay. Not to say that I would not want to wish for more but rather I do not have anything to complain about concerning my current pay. She told me that she can't survive in this world with sucha low amount of pay like mine. Cause even with her current pay which I believed it higher than mine is oredi not sufficient for her own use. She told me that if she were to have the same pay like mine, she would have been in lotsa debts now.
After the conversation, I give this conversation a thought. Well why is it that I can be content with my pay and not her. After all she is a local. No need to pay rent cause she stays with family and she can go back home and ate her dinner for free. No necessities that she needed to buy. After all, she do not need to buy any toileteries and hair care product. I mean her parent would have bought that and what she need to do is just share it with her parent. No need to buy food cause she can always wait for her parent to cook for her. Perhaps she drive to work. Okay. RM1500 a month is sufficient for her to pay her car installment, I guess. I mean she do not need to pay for anything else. If she got car, what she need to do is to pay the car in instalment and then pay for petrol of course. Perhaps she wants to buy clothes. I mean how many clothes can a person buy per month? Perhaps entertainment. Well she do not need to go out that often. After all she is working until 8:00pm. I mean that is what she told me. Where in the world would she got the time and energy to go out anymore? If she wants to go also, she would only able to go out on weekend. And how much can she spent on entertainment?
Anyway after considering all the things above, I came out with a point here. I give God tithes every monthly faithfully unless of course I got no money lah. But rating 10 out of 10 times, I would give God 9 times and perhaps the other time when 1 times is the time I could not afford to give. I mean out of finance to give. But then that do not mean I do not and would not give. I still give but then I considered it I owe God that months tithes. But I would Him the tithes back whenever I could. I believe that because I give Him tithes, when I was working for SEGi that time, I was able to save RM100. Imagine RM1100++ (including the overtime payment) and after minusing the EPF and SOCSO, the money that was left is usually RM1000++ . And I spent 10% of my total gross pay (the original RM1100++) before paying for my rental and my food and my entertainment and to my parent. Net salary that I normally got was RM900++ after minusing EPF, SOCSO and tithes. I mean think about it as it is so unbelievable to do so. I spent about RM300 or less for food each month (RM10 a day meal or less). RM280 for rental.Giving my mom RM50 or above. And then other miscellaneous expenses. After all the money had been unwisely spent, I still afford to save bout RM100 a month. I do watch movies once in a while though. Not to say I am totally shutting myself from any entertainment. But I still do enjoying myself a lot though. In fact due to because I am so lazy to wash my own clothes, I spent bout RM40 a month for laundry.
Anyway what I try to point out here is this. For those who do not give God his tithes, God would still bless him but then his blessing is lesser. I mean come to think of it, I give tithes and yet I could save up money. Ppl were commenting that once they give tithes to God, they shall lose out some amount of money to God and would not be able to recover it back. Hey.. as for me, because I give tithes, there are times when ppl actually came to me and give me money without reason. They just say they wanna give. I mean that case was once in a while. But then there are ppl out there that actually treat me meals for no particular reason. I was once a non-believer for these kind of things but then God transformed me. He let me see and experience His awesome and marvellous wonder for those who give to the poor. I may not be rich financially but I am content with my life. If it is God's will for me to become richer, I do not mind giving more to Him. =) So if anyone wanna experience His marvellous wonder of being contented with life financially, do give. Whether you give to the poor or to the needy, do not forget to give 10% tithes back to Him so that He can continually to use you. God bless...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home