Walking With Jesus!!

It is not easy to walk with Jesus and yet a lot of Christians wanted to walk right with Jesus.. Therefore I really want to blog all my walks so that I can remember all the walks that I have had with Jesus and to rely on Him and allow Him to carry me when I couldn't walk right with Him anymore.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Family the godly foundation of love =) (PART 2)

I had not been really writing a worth reading blog cum long-winded blog for a long long time as you know how long. So here I am writing blogs that hopefully would inspire me and everyone who is going to read the blog together with me. =)
Well I am still with the family's love. That is always my favourite topic. Well when I says family's love, I do not mean brother and sister in Christ or even our relatives. What I mean is our earthly parents and siblings. Why would I say that? Well family love is the foundation of all love. I do not intend to leave God out of the picture here and says His love is not the foundation but rather I believed that God is the one who commissioned us to love our family (parent and siblings). Well there are some of us who live in a problematic life and some of us are blessed enough that there aren't any of such problems happening to us. No matter what, be grateful. There is a words saying, "You can choose in your life but there is only one thing in life that we are not given choice to choose and that is our family." We can changed our name, our surname, our job, our car, our house but can we changed our family? I mean how many of us born in family A and call family B daddy and mommy? We can't do, can't we? So therefore let us be contented with our family and learn to love our family. No family is perfect. In fact, no Christian's family are also perfect. Unless of course we die and go back to heaven. That type of Family with God the Father, Jesus Christ, the Son and Holy Christ, the Counsellor is only perfect. So like it or not, we be grateful to God that we got family that we can love.
Since there is no perfect family, let us not make the imperfectness more imperfect by continuing to disobey our parent, quarrel with our siblings, forget them when we are so successful in life etc etc.. In all, they are the only ppl who would still care for us and welcome us back when we are lost, brankrupt, dying, poor, paralysed etc etc.. (Imagine we are in whatsoever worst scenario and yet even during that time, they would still be there for us) If even animal (mammals, I mean) knows how to take care of their kids, what else more our parent?
Seriously, I had learnt a lot of things from my parent and brother. Well for one thing, they show love to my maternal grandpa when he was still alive (few years back). I do not want to embarras my grandpa here but then in short, he and my mom cannnot mix well to each other. They are like cats and dogs. He always disapprove of what she always does for her. Even whatever things that she does is correct and right thing. A lot of time she is always unhappy about her life serving grandpa like hell and gets no pay at all. Even Indonesian maid would get paid after she works like hell. But she doesn't. But then she shows love to him. She do grumble and complain once in a while but then that's just it. Guess what? God sees her heart and God knows how to bless her. =)
Ppl might ask, what had God bless her in when what she do is just to serve grandpa like slave? Well for once she have a son, the eldest son who loves her like she does to her dad. In fact her husband who is also my dad have a share of this inheritance from her. What I mean? Well because of what my mom does to her dad, showing love to grandpa although it is very hard for her to love an old man who favours only sons. For information, he was born in China and came to Malaya during world wars. Not sure which war is that but most likely it is second world war from Fujian province in China. And of course I am the 2nd generation of family born and bred in Malaysia. And guess what China man favours? They favours son than daughter. And he is no difference than the rest too. Anyway back to the story, because I see what my parent do, I also do what they do. It is not done because of I felt like doing it but rather my parent brought me and my brother up with love and care. I mean they are not total caring type but because they show love and care towards my late grandpa, I know deep down inside my heart I gain the same traits within me as well. Just like Jesus. He do not do things because He wants to do it but rather He did it because He knows God want that in our life. He wants to obey God and because of His obedience to God, He is sitting at the right hand throne next to God. (Am I saying this from the right spiritual doctrine here? If I am wrong just let me know ok? Thanks)
I had always wanted to learn things from my own beloved parent. And I am kinda jealous when Joram's mom got a gift from God of which she passes it down to him. I was thinking, "Why can't I have something that my mom or dad can pass it down to me? A ministry or something like that." I felt that my mom (I did not mentioned my dad a lot of time here because he is a non-believer.) Like did I know and of which I just realised is that God do give my mom gifts. In fact my dad also got the same gift (God do give gifts to the non-believer. Do not limit God's gift). The gift that they pass down to me is the gift of love and caring. By the way they show care and love to my grandpa, it helps me to learn to care and love others. Ain't that incredible? I mean I might not be that caring and lovable enough for some, but I do hope that I would be to some others. Perhaps my caringness and my love to others do not shower upon ppl's life but I believe it does pour down lotsa blessings to my parent, especially to my mom. And incredibly I do not know that I got such a gift of loving my family and loving ppl (I mean if I do not know whether ppl actually felt that I shows love and the cares to them, but then whatever lah), until of course when I started to pray for my mom to go back to church and seek Him more. Guess what? My prayer came true. That's the wonderful gift that I can give back to her for caring for me for these long years.
Anyway I believe that God does use our parent to mould and to guide and the biggest treasure in life is loving your family. If anyone of us felt that we want to serve God in whatever things that we do, firstly let us remember to serve our family before we actually think of outsiders. I believe our particular spiritual stage at the current stage if we wanna start serving God, we should start with our family, particularly our parent. Our parent is no longer the same young man and woman they used to be. Rather the word young is now replaced with the word old. They might be young but they are always young in heart not the physical apperance. The physical apperance tends to be old as years catch up with them. If any of us thinks that our parent is still young and had not reaches 50s, guess what? Our parent can never be as young as us. The only time time I believe our parent and us can grow the same age together is when we are all living in heaven. Otherwise forget it. So start showering love to family before it is too late. The more the better. No one can live forever. Not even us. =)
So I hope that this blog brings in enlightentment to everybody who is currently having some minor problems with their parent. Hopefully by reading this blog, it would ease them of their hatred towards their parent. =) God bless...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home