Walking With Jesus!!

It is not easy to walk with Jesus and yet a lot of Christians wanted to walk right with Jesus.. Therefore I really want to blog all my walks so that I can remember all the walks that I have had with Jesus and to rely on Him and allow Him to carry me when I couldn't walk right with Him anymore.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Past reflection...

I was talking to an ex- KDU Christian Fellowship president, John Ling. Well he was the CF president after I left KDU but before Sharon Lim takes over. Anyway John was the 6th CF president after I left KDU and boy, I felt way too old oredi.
Honestly I had seen through lotsa changes in life. I first wrote my pen-friend letter (with pen and paper, ok?) in the year of 1995, when I was still in my high school. I was in form 4 that time. I was attracted to writing letter due to because my twin friend (they are Christians) wrote letter themselves when they were younger. Furthermore I was also attracted to writing letters due to because at that time, there was a youth publication called The Quest. Not sure whether they are still pulishing the magazine or not. Anyway I sent my details or so-called pen-pal "resume" to them few times and they actually published my details in the magazine.
Anyway to make the story short, this is my 11th year writing letter oredi. And instead of continuous writing letter, I had expanded to email (although not all shall get my email replied), MSN, SMS and now blog. =) Well honestly saying, it might not be an easy things for me to blog about or to write to pen-pal about, but then I guess from writing mode, I had expanded so much till blog. I believed this is one superb experience although I may not be able to achieve high class blogger yet.
Time flies and things changes as well. Joined KDU in the year of 1998 August Intake and had been joining KDU Christian Fellowship since then under the leadership of Josiah Wong Chee Kong (an ex-KDU Lecturer as well) until now under the leadership of Aaron Pua Wye Aun, I had seen lotsa changes and the flow of the members there are quite different as well. Perhaps there are times, under certain leadership of the CF committe members, the management were not flow so well but then under certain leadership it was superb. Things changes very fast. I was wondering would things become much more better or worst. Well this I couldn't say. But I guess I had seen through it all. (not to say that I am that great, but then I was happen to be there at that time when things were not well as well as times when things were cool and happening). Due to because of that, I learnt a lot. I learnt to humble myself down to God. I learnt to overcome evil with love (which I am still struggle with but I guess I am on the way) but sometimes we still dried up. Well I felt it was not because we serve too much but rather ppl tend to do things their own ways, which they felt is correct and ignore what I had gone through totally aside. But nonetheless, I am still learning. No one should told us to quit learning. If we obey that particular person, I believe we are a fool. In fact, if we ever think that we are always right and not willing to accept advice, then we are also a fool. We need to have a balance of both accepting advice and keep on learning. Anyway the two particular statement above I am still learning. I am not perfect. No one is.
So throughout my life here in KDU, I had learnt these two lessons and still is. Actually what I am trying to say is this. I never knew that I can be somebody since I was young. I was told to be a follower and not the leader. If I am leader, it means I got problem. My skills of learning starts from writing. I mean pen-pal writing is not a big deal but the more I write the more I am skillful in writing. Practise makes perfect. It expanded my vocabulary of English words. Somehow or rather lah. And by learning the style of leadership and the style of caringness of ppl in Christian Fellowship makes me wanting to learn more. And throughout all these 8 1/2 years of me joining, serving and helping, in fact observing the leadership skills in Christian Fellowship it helps to make me learn more things. In fact due to some bad circumstances that I had face when I was a kid, I tend to notice things which a lot of ppl do not notice. It is not something that I could be proud of but rather it makes me become who I am right now towards things of the world and things of God.
Anyway I thank God for who I am right now although some of my character and behaviour do not pleses a lot of ppl. But I felt it do shape me well so that other ppl would would learnt from it. God bless..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home