Walking With Jesus!!

It is not easy to walk with Jesus and yet a lot of Christians wanted to walk right with Jesus.. Therefore I really want to blog all my walks so that I can remember all the walks that I have had with Jesus and to rely on Him and allow Him to carry me when I couldn't walk right with Him anymore.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Life before and after 2nd interview in UTAR and success had conquer my life by God's love

A testimony to tell here. God finally provided me job. Praise God. Well the work place is UTAR (University Tunku Abdul Rahman). I am working there as a junior administrative assistant. Similiar job to SEGi I guess.. Anyway the salary is RM1250. RM250 more than SEGi. =) I would be working everyday from 8:30am until 5:00pm (If I am not required to work overtime lah) and every Saturday I would need to work from 8:30am until 1:00pm. Sunday, well it depends if there is open day or not. Not that bad though. At least my pay is higher. I would not complaint anymore. They also told me that they are willing to contribute 6% extra of EPF which totalled up to 18%. (Employer's part) The normal contribution is 12%.
Anyway I never knew that I would be hired although it seems to me the chances is that they will. Well I was in UTAR at 8:30am and waited until 10:30am before my 2nd interview over. Met 5 other future colleagues too. One of them are from UPM while the other are from MMU while the rest of them are from Tunku Abdul Rahman college. 3 girls and 3 guys including me.
I had my 2nd interview with seven dean or head of department and a HR secretary (I guess). I was shocked that I shall meet 7 of them in a meeting room there. I mean it sounds like The Fellowship Of The Rings type of meeting. I am as small as Frodo (waiting to be questioned or shall I say, interviewed) while the rest of them are the big fellows in the university. And the interview ends with the words by one of the dean saying that, "We, the committee had decided that this post is suitable for you." I was like' "Whoa!! Do they need to say until like that?" I mean one of the dean uses the word, "committee". Ain't that sounds like the meeting time in Lord of The Ring where they decide who to go and fight the enemy? Shoot.. I forgot who is the Frodo's enemy's name oredi. Sad sad case...
I was given a smaller post and lower pay than what they think I was expecting. I mean I did not apply for the post of any accounts job. Rather I was looking forward for a job there in a department of general office. I do not want what kind of job is that but then I just simply find a post there. At the 1st interview, they told me that because I do not possess any certificate for account post, I thought I was a goner. I mean I would not get the job anymore but thank God they gave me a smaller post and a lower pay. They thought I was asking for RM1500 but then because my friend asked me to put the salary expected RM1500, so I put. In fact, I leave it as negotiable. So thank God too that I get the job that I wanted (administrative job) and also the pay that I had actually wanted (below RM1500 but above RM1200). I mean RM50 extra also not bad though. And they actually told me that if I were to work overtime, I would get my overtime pay too. Well that's fantastic. I mean I do not mind getting extra pays but then hopefully not all the time.. =) Hopefully it exceeds RM1300. =P
The next thing I was told to do was to go for a medical check up. Well I went but then I was told to pay for the check up myself. The clinic was not that far but not that near either. It is located very near to DUMC church. Opposite the KFC but it is a corner shoplot, next to traffic light and very near to Public Bank.
Went there for the check up. I was told to pee for the medical check up purposes. Well I was so shy. I mean I never pee at a cup before. The most I pee at before was at my pants when I was still young. That's all. But then I pee. Then I was told to take off my shirt in front of a pretty young nurse. It was X-Ray purposes. I was like, "Whoa!!! Nowhere in the world would I take my shirt off in front of this pretty girl. I wouldn't want to let her see my tummy right?" In my whole life, only one of my aunt, my mom and Mel saw my so-called "beautiful" tummy before. Haih~~ But then no choice lor. She asked me wor. So I do what she told me to do. Lean my tummy on the wall. Not just that the doctor were also checking my ear, mouth, mouth, eyes etc etc.. You name it, you got it. I was like, "Why in the world would UTAR bothered with such a lot of things?" A bit fussy lah. Anyway thank God all things totalled up to RM35 for the whole body check up. Otherwise die lor..
Anyway went back to UTAR after that. Well gave back all the document and the X-Ray to the lady in charge there in the HR. I would need to report back to work (which would be my 1st day) on Monday, 03th July 2006. And she told me that on that Monday itself I would be having my staff orientation before going back to the respective department assigned. Well hopefully everything would turn up very well.. I would not want to face any havoc and chaos while on that day though. So hopefully God shall watch over on that day as well and make everything well, just like today.. =)
Anyway I am going to leave the KDU computer lab soon.. The place is getting cold. And I have a dinner soon.. Therefore signing up here.. Yours truly, Lik Ee.. God bless... =)

3 Comments:

Blogger Ken said...

Haha. Pee in a cup? Hmm, eh don't feel so shy about itlah. I peed in cups twice already, once for KDU the other for the UM LLM programme. Felt awkward both times.

Yup, all that taking off clothes for xray ...um...shirtlah and then eyes, ear normal lah. Actually yours cheaper. I went somewhere in DU and it cost me RM35 for the X Ray alone. The whole thing was RM70 or 75. They send the urine sample to Pathlab (but whew, came back clear... good thing the alcohol wore off...hahah KIDDINGLAH. No need to be so shocked.)

God bless and all the best.

12:26 pm  
Blogger deaflisteners said...

Congrats! New beginning, new working life, hope you'll enjoy ur new job. Hey, how come your medical checkup so cheap one?? I think i have to pay RM 80 the last time i went for checkup. Haha.. all the best!

9:14 pm  
Blogger Ou Lik Ee said...

Well thank God that I got such a blessings in going for medical check-up. Perhaps I was still not used to it but then that was my 1st experience going for company medical check-up. God bless me. =)

5:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home