Walking With Jesus!!

It is not easy to walk with Jesus and yet a lot of Christians wanted to walk right with Jesus.. Therefore I really want to blog all my walks so that I can remember all the walks that I have had with Jesus and to rely on Him and allow Him to carry me when I couldn't walk right with Him anymore.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Light of the world

Mooncake festival just ended yesterday.. Nothing much to celebrate though.. Just managed to eat some mooncake given by my mom and colleagues few weeks ago.. Other than that, I do not really celebrate mooncake festivals. Opps.. Before I forgot next Saturday I got a mooncake potbless or potluck. It is a belated celebration.. Hope that everything would goes well though... =)
Anyway just drop by to wish Happy Mooncake Festival to everybody.. Guess everybody have a wonderful celebration over there huh? I mean playing lantern and eating mooncakes... Good.. Just wanna share a thought of mine which had just came out of my mind... I love playing lantern. I guess a lot of ppl do.. Those ppl who said that they felt playing lantern is a childish game. I have two thoughts of those who would say that. 1st, it is either they do not have the chance to play lantern when they were young and 2nd, it is because they have a bad memory playing with the lantern. Perhaps something had happened to them and they dislike it and that makes them don't wanna play with the lantern. I mean I do not know.. Or perhaps because playing with the lantern makes them feel inferior.. Feel small.. I mean after all the latern are mostly played by childrens. As for me, I was not so fortunate like the rest of the kids. My mom disallowed me to play with the lantern cause she thinks if I were to follow other kids to go for a lantern walk, something bad would happen to me. I mean those were her thinkings when I was young. But now not anymore.. She do not mind me playing with lantern.. But sadly no family member of mine had seen me going for my lantern walk.. The only fortunate groups are the KDU Christian Fellowship group. That's why I love lantern walk.. I felt that it helps everybody to get to know each other easily and that is a good fellowship activity.
Anyway while I was pondering about mooncake, a thought came into my mind. The world loves light. I mean how many of us love darkness?? Each of the festive celebrations, be it mooncake, Christmas, Raya, Deepavali or even Chinese New Year, we will sure relate ourselves with light. We have lantern for mooncake. We have "pelita" for Raya. Deepavali is called the the festival of light and the Deepavali is filled with litting candles. And lastly although we Christians do not use light for Christmas, but by calling Jesus Christ the Light of the world, it is still Light. Just that this Light is not ordinary Light but then He is a spiritual Light that guide and helps us to go through the darkness of our life. And by creating light and separate it from darkness, it was God's very first command. It is taken in Genesis 1:3 - 5 (NIV)

3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

And Jesus Christ is the Light of the world. So who says we do not use light in our walk with God. Everybody needs light. In fact every religion associated lights in their religion but our Light is the true Light that would shine God's glory throughout the whole world. And we are the the vessel of this Light so that this Light would be glorified through us.. =)
So let us celebrate not only mooncake festival but let us not forget Jesus Christ the Light of the world for without Him we would still be living in darkness... =) Happy Mooncake Festival... God bless...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home