Walking With Jesus!!

It is not easy to walk with Jesus and yet a lot of Christians wanted to walk right with Jesus.. Therefore I really want to blog all my walks so that I can remember all the walks that I have had with Jesus and to rely on Him and allow Him to carry me when I couldn't walk right with Him anymore.

Friday, October 19, 2007

Learning humility

I was talking to my unlce last week. The conversation that we had had giving me a second thought of certain issue. He met me to pass me something to passed to my mom. At the same time he asked bout my life. To be honest I really do not like to talk much to him cause for me the things that he said was always kinda an insult to me. You know lah. How aunties and uncles would tend to have a way of comparing their childrens and with me. And I hated it a lot. But that conversation actually makes me wonder.
Well as he was asking bout my welfare, I was quite shocked to find out that I no longer mad at him as I used to be. Perhaps I am learning to let go off everything bad that he had done for me. He even told me that as much as he nag at me all the time, he admit at times, he does did something wrong as well. Honestly saying I felt that this is the first time he actually come to me and admit that he is wrong although he did not really saying it that way. Well for one thing, I am learning to forgive him and others who had wronged me all these years. It's not easy but yet I do believe it is not hard as well. Just learn to let go and God will do the rest. I personally find it hard to let go but as time goes by, it's easier if we have the willing heart to really let it go.
All these while I had been learning to be humble. As much as it not easy, I do want to learn. Honestly as much as I was a nobody great and still a nobody great, letting go is kinda easier than those who are actually a somebody. What I mean here is while you wanted to gain popularity by your own strength, it is always hard to be humble. In fact it is very impossible. Perhaps for a little while but then you lose it. There are a lot of ppl who from birth was a nobody but they do have the influence in life. A good example would be Jesus Christ. He was born in carpenter family and not royal family. I mean His earthly dad is a carpenter. Did anybody knows Him by who He is or by what He do? I would say ppl knows Him because of what He do. In fact, He was mocked by His own tribe, His own hometown ppl because of whose family He is from and not because of what He do. 53When Jesus had finished these parables, he moved on from there. 54Coming to his hometown, he began teaching the people in their synagogue, and they were amazed. "Where did this man get this wisdom and these miraculous powers?" they asked. 55"Isn't this the carpenter's son? Isn't his mother's name Mary, and aren't his brothers James, Joseph, Simon and Judas? 56Aren't all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get all these things?" 57And they took offense at him. But Jesus said to them, "Only in his hometown and in his own house is a prophet without honor." (NIV)
Therefore it is not easy to be humble and influential person by God's grace but it is worth all our life to be humble and influential for Him for it was because of a Jesus (a so-called nobody) that had gave us life and life abundantly. If He were not to be there for us, we cannot go through this life. Therefore learn to cling on unto Him for He is our ultimate desire. Believe me, we need to go through a lot of suffering to learn all these humbleness and influential but I believe it is very much worthy. God had been telling us to follow the path that leads to life which is narrow path and not the wide path. So by being obedient to Him and follow Him humbly is one of the narrow path that He meant. I learnt this after much suffering from my relatives who used to condemned me when I did wrong and never given me chances to actually defend myself. But as much as we commit our life to Him, commit our sufferings, commit our sadness to Him, we will not get the chance to learn the true humbleness like Him. As much as I said this, I do believe that I need to learn a lot still cause I am still very stubborn child of His and always wanting to do things my way. But yet by His grace, He slowly open doors and ways for me to learn this humility. The time of me getting the enough knowledge and wisdom will come when I died and go to Heaven and be with Him. Until then I thank God that He show me what forgiveness and humility really means. And guess what? I won't stop there just yet. I will keep the fire going for He never gives me up but rather He is willing to trade place with me if I am going to be hurt. So thank You Lord for being there for me. As much as I know I am still a rebellious child, You still wants me and not reject me. Thank You Lord for being my Father and my God. Amen.. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home