Walking With Jesus!!

It is not easy to walk with Jesus and yet a lot of Christians wanted to walk right with Jesus.. Therefore I really want to blog all my walks so that I can remember all the walks that I have had with Jesus and to rely on Him and allow Him to carry me when I couldn't walk right with Him anymore.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Da Vin Ci Code

In conjunction with the new release of The Da VinCi Code today, I would like to say something about that movie, written by Dan Brown. 1st of all, the movie is just a fiction movie and got nothing to do with Jesus Christ, though it is somehow or rather meant to demolish the image of our beloved Jesus Christ.
I know there are a lot of ppl out there who were cheated by that movie and someone I know today called me to watch the movie together this coming Sat. Well honestly I can't make it though. Not only because I got exam next week but the very fact is that that movie is trying to blamsphemy the sovereignity of our beloved Jesus Christ and His Lordship by stating lots of false claims. Honestly saying at 1st I planned to watch that movie to wonder how terrible that movie is until it can help to lead to disbelief of our fellow Christians brothers and sisters. But then I changed my mind. For the very fact that ppl tend to come to try smoking in order to understand how a person can actually get addicted to smoking can also actually lead the good-hearted-wanting-to-help-the-addict to curb their bad habit shall eventually bring themselves down to the very point that this time they not only need to curb other poor smoker addict's bad habit but theirs as well. Likewise, as much as I believed that after watching the movie I can still stand firm in God's truth, honestly it is hard to say though. I mean in that sense there are a lot of Christians out there who thinks they are strong enough to watch that movie but eventually they themselves fall.
Anyway these are few points that I would like to make based on the rumours and the promotions that the mass media had made about the movie. Well 1st of all, the story itself is fictional and not true although it may sounds like the movie itself is exposing the secrets behind what we believed in Jesus Christ. Whatever things written in the Bible are accurate. Every little things and words and even the commas in the Bible are all accurate according to what God says. I mean there is no hidden agenda in it. Personally as a Christian, I believed in what Bible says but I do wonder why certain things happened which I can't make any conclusion out of it. The same goes to the rest of us. And we as Christians should believe in the Bible because Bible is life-giving book. It gives us life and help us to find our purpose in life. Read John 1. John 1:1 says,

"1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning. 3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it."

So who is this Word who claim Himself Word, and who is this Word who was with God and was a God? Well His name is Jesus Christ, of course. A lot of us had read the Bible and I believed that a lot of ppl as well had came across this John 1:1 - 5 before they actually read the book or either watch the movie. So what is the outcome of this verse? It shows that Jesus Christ is the Author of the Bible and when we read the Bible what do we gain out of it if we follow what is written in the Bible? Of course we receive His blessings. And we do that because we obeyed Him. And how to obeyed Him? We read His Word. So in another sense, we received blessings because we believed in what He said in the Bible whole-heartedly. And now a new doctrine came and a lot of Christians fall into the satan's trap. Well his trap is putting a new doctrine using this writer by the name of Dan Brown who faithfully obeyed the instrusctions of satan. Bible do said that, in Matthew 4:8 - 9 where it said,

"8Again, the devil took Him (Jesus) to a very high mountain and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9"All this I will give you," he said, "if you will bow down and worship me."

Well guess what at the end? Dan Brown accepted satan's offer and he became a best selling author. Well he gained his fame and glamour as the kingdom of the word. A not-so-famous author became best seller in a short time like this. Not bad for a author like him. Everybody started to know him because he wrote the mind-provoking book and stirred up the Christian community of the world especially the Catholics.
Honestly saying as much as I learnt this, I believe in Jesus Christ and His coming but not on His marriage with Mary Magdadelene. Whatever is not written in the Bible I do not believe in. I believed in the Author of the Bible and not author of the Da Vinci Code book. So if anyone who read the book or watch the movie and think that what the Bible said is wrong and felt that the book is accurate, then pray to Dan Brown for help in future. Cause he is the author of the Da Vinci book while me as a Christian shall continue to pray to our beloved Jesus Christ because He is my only God. He had blessed ever since I read the Bible and accepted Him as my personal Saviour and Lord. Well there is a challenge I want to ask Christians who had read the book or watch the movie and believed that what the Bible says is wrong, go and pray to Dan Brown in future in case you want blessings because the author of the Bible is God Himself and we prayed to Him because we believe in what He said in the Bible. But for those who do not believed in what Dan Brown is writing and treat the Da VinCi as fictional book, please pray for those who were diverted from the truth of Jesus Christ. In fact if anyone of us who had diverted from the truth of Jesus Christ after reading the book and eventually come back to Him, please ask Him for forgiveness and pray that He will give you wisdom of how to handle ppl when they asked questions about the book and the Bible.
I also wanna thank God that depsite the movie is still shown after lotsa complaint, churches are started to unite to preached the truth about the Gospel of Jesus through sermons, seminars and even talks. It is of course an eye-opening to know that Christians of the world are still the caring ppl they used to be. Well is it time to bring the lost soul to Christ. As always the harvest is ripe but the workers are few. =( But let us do our very own best by God's blessing to reach out to those who are lost and looking for answer. But in all that we do, let us remember Him 1st in prayer before we actually reach up to them, ok? =)
Honestly saying I do not really know bout The Last Supper's painting and those Priory but the descendant of Jesus Christ from His marriage with Mary Magdalene is a total blamsphemy. I mean which part of the reader's eyes is blind (a bit provoking though) that says the whole book of Da Vinci Code is a total fictional. Anyway what the Bible is very true. Satan can actually changed himself to become the angel of the light. How I know that? Well the very fact that nowadays series like The Ghost Whisperer, Casper, the friendly ghost, Dead Zone, The Hospital Kingdom (created by Stephen King) etc etc.. contains a lot of horror segment. Well a hero who are not so scary or sort of like good-looking saved the day. Well I do watch such shows stated above such as The Ghost Whisperer because Jennifer Love Hewitt is the main actress but then I am mindful enough that despite the very fact that the horror movie such as The Ghost Whisperer shows a good and touching ending for the dead after their so-called task to meet up with their loved one had completed, let us not forget that in this series, God's or shall I said Jesus' name is not being glorified. In fact it actually glorifies satan's name cause even a so-called spirit in that movie potrayed as a good spirit. Honestly we are all blinded by the very fact that the spirit roaming around the world and acted like a ghost either to scare us or to become our friend are actually came from satan. Understand what I mean? And guess what? We treated it so lightly. In fact I am so guilty over such a matters though. =(
Anyway hope that in all the movies that we watched or are going to watch, let us be mindful that not all the movies are good for us and let us have a self-controlled over movies that we should not watch. Despite the very fact that our country have a board called censorship board, let us have our own personal censorship board so that our life would not be affected by it. Well the same goes to me though. Okay lah.. Got to leave my blog soon. Time flies fast though.. hahaha.. God bless..

5 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Bro, we could use this opportunity to equip ourselves to know more abt what and why we believe... then be able to give a reason for the faith we have (1 pet 3:1)

I wrote some responses to DVC here
http://hedonese1.blogspot.com

10:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is a very good idea! you have give a very good lesson !

From: Wendy

11:47 am  
Blogger Ou Lik Ee said...

Thanks for leaving your comment here.. Hope that we can always exchange Christian idea here.. God bless.. Keep on reading.. =)

1:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why the fuss? is it really such a big deal? r u all really so impressionable that u guys will be less of a christian b'cos of watching a movie? If so it speaks volumes by itself ... Lighten up ... have some faith in ur own beliefs ...

To this day i'm still a firm practitioner of buddhism despite all the direct attempts at religious brainwashing that i've recieved from all the over zealous christians who have told me that i should convert to the path of the true god or risk his wrath and go to hell ... wahahahahahaha ... serious ... u'll be surprised at how pesky some of ur religious brethen are ...

Bottomline ... this is just a movie and work of fiction in a realistic setting ... dun think i've seen anyone sue Indiana Jones blasphemy tio bo

10:29 am  
Blogger Ou Lik Ee said...

Hey.. homer.. I'm not that worry for you though although I'm still worried for you that you think that the movie might be the real thing but what I am really worried about is this. There are some young Christians who knew so little about God and Jesus Christ.. And from the movie itself they can come up with their own conclusion that whatever told in the The Da VinCi Code are more real than Jesus Christ in the Bible. In fact I do not want them to think that what the DVC said is real and that the Bible's Jesus is fake. That's why I am writing this blog down. And I am standing up for my faith in Jesus Christ by not watching the movie. Can't I stand up to defend my belief in Jesus and not allowing others to tarnish His image? I am not doing this for the sake of some paranoid ppl who thinks that I am some kind of religious brethren or rather a kiasu Christian.. Get what I mean now, homer? =)

2:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home