Walking With Jesus!!

It is not easy to walk with Jesus and yet a lot of Christians wanted to walk right with Jesus.. Therefore I really want to blog all my walks so that I can remember all the walks that I have had with Jesus and to rely on Him and allow Him to carry me when I couldn't walk right with Him anymore.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Biased preaching

This morning God had shown me the importance of not to bias against others. As I took a bus this morning, there is a middle aged lady who was in the bus. She boarded the bus before me. As I walk towards my seat, she was talking loudly at her seat. At first I thought she was talking on the phone but I came to realise a minute later, she was talking loudly to every passenger on the bus, declaring to the passengers God's goodness toward her. In fact I would rather called it preaching to the lost in the bus.
At first I was feeling a little bit disgust, thinking, "how could she preach Gospel this loud and yet act insane." She kept on preaching to the passengers loudly and each time she did that, I felt that it is not the right way to preach Gospel as who would listen to a middle aged lady preaching Gospel and in an insane way.
Well as she continue to speak, I felt suddenly that God is saying, "well there is no right way to preach Gospel". The only way of preaching Gospel is to declare it to the world, no matter where we are. As the Scripture says in Matthew 20:18-20,

18 Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. 19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations,[a] baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. 20 Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

I felt this verse is suitable for this topic. Well as it is said in the Bible in Matthew 20:18-19, Jesus has been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations,[a] baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. In this verse I felt it means He is the Lord of heaven and on earth. So no one shall separate this authority given to Him, not even our mindset and our well thought behavior shall reject this authority. In another there is nothing to disgust about the way we reach up to the lost, so long the lost came back to Christ. Paul was jailed because he preached the Gospel. Stephen was stoned because he preached Gospel. John the Baptist was beheaded because he preach righteousness against evilness. In fact Jesus Himself preached about Himself when He tell the congregation that He is the Messiah that they are waiting for. All these people put themselves into a risk that they might be killed for going against the public. To the eye of the public they are doing the foolish things. Foolish things to them but not to God. Because of what they did, God bless them and make them whole again in Heaven.
What I am learning here we should not make assumption that when a person preaches Gospel not the normal way, it is deemed to be the wrong way. As for this scenario, I felt that the lady did a daring thing that no one dare to do and that is preaching the Gospel in public without fear but full of dignity and full of glory from the Lord despite the fact that she might be insane of what she did.
One way for us to affirm that we are doing the right thing when we felt that she might be wrong (in our own naked eye) is we pray for her. If this is what God wants her to do at this season, no one can break it. In fact we should pray for blessing over her as she is facing a lot of risk preaching Gospel this way. I am sure because of what we did (by this I mean pray), if this is God's will for her. no one can break it. In fact we should support her in prayer that she might not fall into the hand of the satan. Therefore please be less judgmental when it came to others using weird ways to preach the Gospel. At the moment I am saying this I just want to say I am also struggle with my mindset that she should not do what she was doing this morning. But then I am learning to accept whatever God had use her for and that is through prayer. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home