Walking With Jesus!!

It is not easy to walk with Jesus and yet a lot of Christians wanted to walk right with Jesus.. Therefore I really want to blog all my walks so that I can remember all the walks that I have had with Jesus and to rely on Him and allow Him to carry me when I couldn't walk right with Him anymore.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My Dream

I have a dream and I am building up myself to achieve this dream. This dream is not the materialism type of dream. It is more like a dream I want to achieve with what I have right now. Okay.. Actually my dream is so simple. I want to build a library in my house. I want to fill myself with books and start reading them. =) I want to resurrect my old time hobby which is reading. Was kind of an avid reader when I was in school.. Not just the Malay novel but an English one too.. I guess that's where all my understanding of things came about.
Just bought myself quite a lot of book. Two of my favorite book are To Kill A Mocking Bird by Elizabeth Harper of which Kenny Chew bought it for me as a present. My 2nd favorite book is called Animal Farm by George Orwell of which I just brought last Thursday. Now I am looking forward for a new favorite book called The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. Watched the movie in TV2 very very long time ago and love it to the max.. =) So here I come fulfilling my dream and getting my dream book.. =)

6 Comments:

Blogger EarthTeaCody said...

nice blog xF

7:40 am  
Blogger _J. said...

peace... god bless you :)

12:54 am  
Anonymous PsychLines said...

we have the same dream.. I used to think owning a mini lib in our house but as of now I dream to have a book shelve just a book shelve to place my favorite old books there... It cost $60 I have to earn first so that my dream would become a reality. :-) nice posts....

3:58 pm  
Blogger Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

Just one more comment, brother, and one more post to share.

http://cost-of-discipleship.blogspot.com/2010/10/just-preach-christ.html

Make the Word of Jesus, the Word of God, your home, and you will truly be His disciple.

I like to read too, and my house is full of books. Books are my main possession in the material world. I have read a lot (I am 59 years old) but mostly now I read the Bible. I would say I read the Bible 85% of the time, and other books 15%.

You are young and still have a lot of reading and learning to do, but try to keep your reading 50% Bible, 50% other books. Not always in the same day, of course, but over all.

Martin Luther has written, "Anyone who is not ceaselessly busy with the Word of God must become corrupt." This is a true saying. Respect it.

The standard for you as a Christian man, is to know the Bible like you know a piece of music. You can have a piece of music memorised, even a long and complex piece of music, but not be able to necessarily sing it, whistle the melody, or play all the notes on an instrument. Nevertheless you know it so well that when you hear it being played, you know what is coming next. That is the minimum standard for us in knowing the Bible. We should know it at least as good as that, but if we know it even more, so much the better.

Go with God, dear brother.
Grace and peace,
Romanos

6:19 am  
Blogger Ou Lik Ee said...

Thank you all for reading.. Enjoy.. =)

9:28 pm  
Blogger TDK said...

Looking at your blog, Interesting reading. We all have dreams but can we attain them dreams?
If we don't have the drive the get up and go we will reach the dreams in our lives.

11:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home