Walking With Jesus!!

It is not easy to walk with Jesus and yet a lot of Christians wanted to walk right with Jesus.. Therefore I really want to blog all my walks so that I can remember all the walks that I have had with Jesus and to rely on Him and allow Him to carry me when I couldn't walk right with Him anymore.

Sunday, December 04, 2011

Happy 33rd anniversary

Two days ago (2nd December'11) was my parent's 33 years of marriage anniversary. I nearly forgot about it and therefore I am using this time to share something about it since I still remember.

First of all, I would like to congratulate my parent for able to sustain their marriage until now. I do not know what is the reason but I do know one thing. Despite their old age, (Dad 75 years old last month and Mom 68 years old in August'11) they still hold their hand when they go out together for shopping and perhaps when they were alone in the public. I accidentally found out about it and I admire their love towards each other. We are not a perfect family to be honest though. In fact we are considered a broken family if you include the arguments that we all as a family have had. In fact we always argued. Between me and my parent, we argued all the time. From a non-issue matters to serious matters we tend to argue a lot. In fact it has always been a family habit where my parent will tease each other.

But one thing I noticed in my family's habit, we all love each other a lot. In fact my parent had impacted me a godly character which instead of them declaring it, they actually act upon it. They actually took care of my maternal grandpa until he passed away despite my grandpa's bad manners and bad attitude towards them. They actually impacted the 10th Commandment into my life which is "Honor your parent and you shall live a long and lasting life." Because of that I came to learn this love of taking care of them from they themselves.

As a family we might be rich like how the rich family impacted into their children. But guess what? I am also rich mostly because God is in the centre of my life and another part is because my parent taught me the real meaning of rich, which we as a Christian and that is be rich in love. Why? Reason is because God is love and if we are rich in love, we are rich in God. Ain't that what we should have and focus in life? I might not be love everybody (though I am trying) but because my parent love their father cum father in law, I learn to love my parent though my parent are nasty sometimes.

Because of what they had done, I am assure that though my family are not rich in materialism but they are rich in love towards each other and that makes me secure in loving my own parent and parent in law in future and thus my children loves me and their in law in future and so on and so forth. And guess what? Love conquers all. Not materialism.

So here once again wishing my parent a blessed 33 years of wedding anniversary. May they continue to shower love to each other and that love continues to be the the guide to love our parent and in law. God bless you Dad and Mom. =)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Kelline said...

Hi Mr. Ee, this a beautiful post towards your parents. I'm sure they are wonderful people to have raised a loving son who loves God and family. God bless you and God bless your parents. May they share many more years. Keep up the love my brother.

10:41 am  
Anonymous Angels said...

Congrats! fact that they still hold their hand when they go out together is UNIQUE and AMAZING!!!! I'm impressed... be happy and live long life!

11:45 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

very nice post towards your parents
god bless you and your family

9:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home