Walking With Jesus!!

It is not easy to walk with Jesus and yet a lot of Christians wanted to walk right with Jesus.. Therefore I really want to blog all my walks so that I can remember all the walks that I have had with Jesus and to rely on Him and allow Him to carry me when I couldn't walk right with Him anymore.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Dad and Mom and I

Doctor told my mom two days ago that my dad is going for an operation to get rid of the tumor. The chances of recovery is 70%. Well I am very grateful when I heard the news. It seems to me the reason why the doctor believe in the 70% chances of recovery is because my dad is a healthy dad. Well for one thing he does not look a lot more like a weakling. Its hard to find his wrinkle, the sign of aging. I mean got a lil bit here and there but he looks younger for his 72 years of age. Something like Dr. Mahathir. One thing which differs my dad to him is he uses medicine to look young but my dad is naturally young. I mean body wise and look wise and even health wise. =)
Anyway according to my mom, my dad just stay in the hospital, watching tv, sleep and then go back to watch sleep and watching tv again. That is his routine activities. What I am worried bout now is my mom as well. She had spent the last 14 days of her life taking care of my dad. Sleeping in the couch while my dad comfortably sleeping on the bed provided by the hospital. I guess my mom's sacrifice here is very strong. She had been sacrificing her whole life to 4 man. My grandpa, my dad, me and my younger brother. In fact I guess not just 4 of us, the sacrifice involves more men. That includes most of my uncles. I mean taking care of them when they were younger. That's why my uncle & aunty had been calling me to ask bout her welfare. I mean how's my dad's condition. In fact my cousin brother who is currently working in Singapore as a doctor is trying to help my mom and dad by enquiring bout my dad's health. I guess it is a hard job altogether for the whole family to be there for my mom and dad.
It seems to me that somehow or rather the Lim's family (my mom's family) is in the sense are getting more and more concerned over the family ever since my dad was hospitalised. Whether they called or not called just to say hi and asking bout my dad's condition, the family, it seems to be getting into stronger family ties. My KL uncle, for instance, keep on calling me and the same goes to my Johor aunty to ask bout my dad's welfare. In fact at times my brother would call me or MSN or even SMS me to update me. Being the eldest in the family, I find myself lost in the air. I mean I do not know what to do. One thing is for sure. I am clueless over how to be there for my dad since my mom and dad told me not to come back. Rather they want me to stay at home here in PJ. For as rebellious as I am, I always listenend to them. This order that they gave me to stay back in PJ I faithfully obey. I know it is not good thing but I don't know lah. I do not like the idea of me rebelling against my parent. See how lah.. If possible I would go back next week.
I had a thought in my mind to actually wanting to transfer to Kampar earlier so that I could take this opportunity to be there for them, to take care of them since they are both getting old oredi. I mean I do not know whether I should go and request the transfer earlier from my boss. After all the PJ branch finance department is having not enough staff and if I go back there to work, would my boss allow or not? I do not know. The earliest I might be going is probably in between April to June, if the request approved by my boss. I guess it is hard being the eldest in the family because as the eldest I bear the heavy responsibilities such as taking care of my parent, doing well in studies (non of my family have any degree certificate - That's why I am taking this risk of sitting for CIMA), be strong in the Lord (only me and my mom are Christians in the family of Ou) and perhaps to be the first to get married and have kids (giving them chances to be grandparent). My parent do not pressure me at all, but I guess it is not whether your parent pressure you or not but rather I want to do the best to bring this Ou family into glory. When I mean this Ou family, I mean my parent, me and my younger brother. Guess my family had been living in condemnation for as long as I live perhaps even before that. And I guess what I want to give my parent in return of them taking care of me is glorified family name. The Ou's as of Ou Mun Thai (my dad), Lim Suen Wah (my mom), Ou Lik Ee (that's me) and Ou Lik Sin (my younger brother).
Therefore by saying that, I hope that whatever things I do for the family shall bring this family a lil bit of glory and the rest of it God's glory. I mean getting good career, good family, good family name, good education and even the main thing of all, good spiritual background with God's name being glorified. Actually I do not know why from my dad's healing I blogged until myself. But what come main, I just hope my dad would be fully recovered. And that for once, shall be God's first glory to my dad as he being prepared by God to accept Him (Jesus) as Christ Saviour, Amen? =)
Anyway guess that's all I am going to blog for now. Please pray for my dad and all of you who had prayed for my dad, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for praying. May God bless you for praying for my dad. Thanks.. God bless.. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home