Walking With Jesus!!

It is not easy to walk with Jesus and yet a lot of Christians wanted to walk right with Jesus.. Therefore I really want to blog all my walks so that I can remember all the walks that I have had with Jesus and to rely on Him and allow Him to carry me when I couldn't walk right with Him anymore.

Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Christmas Story

     Christmas is coming soon. As of today, it is officially 3 exact week from now. Christmas is one of my favorite day of the year. In fact besides Christmas, my birthday falls two days after Christmas. To be honest, this made my birthday kind of special. One thing is because I am a December baby and second, it is a very special day because I get to feel the mode and the festivities of Christmas, together with celebration of my birthday and I feel grand just knowing that.

     But this blog is not about my birthday and neither is it about how good I felt about Christmas. It is about baby Jesus who was born that particularly auspicious day, 25th December 2000 years ago. I find His story of how He was born fascinating. In fact I could blog about it every year this time without fail, perhaps with different message but same theme, Jesus. Okay. Jesus came into this world 2000 years ago during the time when King Herod was there to persecute two years ago babies who through a prophecy had heard that there would be someone greater than him who would rule over Israel. It was during this time that the three wise men came about and searching over a particular star who they believed is where the Messiah were to be born to save Israel from destruction.

     During that time, Joseph and Mary were pledged to be married. In fact when they were pledged to be married, angel of God Gabriel came to her and told her that she is to be pregnant even without any man and that her birth would be a virgin birth. The baby that come out of the womb would be called Jesus who would save the world. No one at that time knew what Gabriel meant. In fact, if I were to be on either one of their shoes, I would be dumb-founded. I would say, "Huh? Is this real or just a prank?" But Mary obeyed. I guess that is the greatest power of Christ that came into our world. Obedience to God. I believe Jesus was called by God to die on the cross for us and Jesus obeyed. Even the three wise men. They obeyed God and search for the star that came upon the birth of baby Jesus. I am amazed by how Joseph and Mary coped with life after Mary's meeting with Gabriel. This is something we all had to learn. We always find ways to avoid shame but Joseph and Mary "sort of" invited shame into their life. I mean in the worldly term. Mary was pregnant even before she married Joseph. That to them is a shame and believe it or not? That is a biggest shame in their life. That is shame to us as well. I would say a much lighter shame cause people nowadays accidentally make another person pregnant. Therefore they need to get married to each other. And they go through it with much lighter shame because they are not alone.

     Whereas, Joseph and Mary had it because God allows it to happen. I had to say this. They could had been stoned because of what happened tangibly but somehow or rather they were safe. In fact, I believe Joseph was so gracious enough to marry Mary. Even when he knew Mary was pregnant even before they were married, he can still take this opportunity to clear himself from shame. Instead he choose to be obedient and marry Mary and live the "shameful life". In fact, when baby Jesus was about to be born, all the place they could stay in is full while Mary gave birth to baby Jesus was a barn or some said a manger. Imagine how pitiful they were, living those kind of life, just to allow baby Jesus to be born. And guess what? No one cared or worried for them. They were just there for themselves. Their only thought would be, "this baby is going to be born soon and we believe that He is who He is, just as angel Gabriel said so. Despite all things, we will take care of Him because He is special." Never in their life would they thought other things that this, I am sure of it and never in their life, I am sure at least, in Mary's life (since Joseph's name was never mentioned after the birth of Jesus), she would never thought that Jesus would died before her. I am sure a lot of us wish that we will die first, only our children but in Mary's case, little did she know that Jesus would died before her and what's worst. He died because of what He believed and He died innocently. Thanks to us.

     Anyway this story would not be ending to Jesus' death but rather His birth. The beginning of it. The reason why we celebrate Christmas? We must always believe in one thing. Christmas came about because of a lot of Bible character's obedience to God. One of them would be Jesus. He choose to die on the cross for us. If He decided not to, then we would not celebrate Christmas at all. There are people out there claiming that 25th December is a pagan day and not the actual date of Jesus' birth. Guess what? It doesn't matter. What matter most is we obey. Christmas is not about partying and enjoying alone. I am sure Jesus would want us to enjoy our life as well since He choose to die for us. If we do not enjoy life, what is the point of Him dying for us? Christmas is also about obedience. Obey God and what He says. It is also about giving and receiving. I am sure you know about this theory. I give, therefore I receive. I believe it is a right thing to do as well. Jesus gives us His life. So we receive it with joy and gladness. Therefore we give our life for  others as well.  If you receive but not giving, what kind of life is this? You would be joyful but others suffer. Is that right in Jesus' life? Wrong. It is not right. If you give but did not receive, is it right? Perhaps we can see it as one of humbleness but take it from me. It is 'the' way to spiritual dryness. We may be backslide and giving up on Him. Therefore I believe in two way, giving and receiving. Christmas is also about spiritual awakening. It is time for some of us to be out of slumbers. I, for one, is living in slumber-ness.  That's why I am trying to live up my life spiritually.

     Therefore I believe in enjoying Christmas, not just the spiritual part but physical part as well. Just that, let us all be reminded why we really celebrate Christmas despite all the partying and enjoying Christmas. Remember that Christmas is all about Jesus even when you enjoying your partying life. Do not forget that and besides partying hard, please do not forget to spread Jesus' Gospel.

     Anyway before I end this blog, just wanna end this blog with sinner's prayer. I do believe that whatever which I had written does not come from my own self. I believe it came with the prompting of Holy Spirit that I could write this blog. Therefore I do believe that with these kind of blog, it is important that I include the sinner's prayer. So whoever after reading this blog, felt the prompting inside you, saying that you wanna accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, please say (confess) the prayer below out loud with your mouth so that you could hear yourself clearly, while believing it with your heart. Remember this prayer is not pray to me but God above and to Jesus, to let Him know that you want to be saved.

Heavenly Father:
I come to you in prayer asking for the forgiveness of my Sins. I confess with my mouth and believe with my heart that Jesus is your Son, And that He died on the Cross at Calvary that I might be forgiven and have Eternal Life in the Kingdom of Heaven. Father, I believe that Jesus rose from the dead and I ask you right now to come in to my life and be my personal Lord and Savior. I repent of my Sins and will Worship you all the day's of my Life!. Because your word is truth, I confess with my mouth that I am Born Again and Cleansed by the Blood of Jesus! In Jesus Name, Amen.

     After you had said the prayer above, first thing you need to do is to purchase a Bible. At the same time share your belief  with your Christian friends. And then get yourself a church to attend. Guess what? If you can do that, this would be a first Christmas in the church. Thank God for becoming who you are and believing in Jesus, Amen.. =)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home