Walking With Jesus!!

It is not easy to walk with Jesus and yet a lot of Christians wanted to walk right with Jesus.. Therefore I really want to blog all my walks so that I can remember all the walks that I have had with Jesus and to rely on Him and allow Him to carry me when I couldn't walk right with Him anymore.

Monday, May 05, 2008

Cultural divide or Chinese wisdom??

This is another interesting tales I got from the STAR yesterday. I guess a lot of time we need to learn to be wise in handling situations. Therefore I guess this tale or shall I say article would enable us to wonder where we came from and how we shall dealt with such situation when it occurs. By the way due to my time constraint of facing exam soon, I choose to put in some interesting articles here and there for everybody's pondering. Not to say I am not blogging anymore or I am lazy to blog but rather I am busy, facing my exam that I do not have the time to blog. So instead of blogging, I choose some interesting articles and post it here.. So enjoy.

An American, a Japanese and a Chinese went for a hike one day. It was very hot and, before long, they were sweating profusely.
When they came upon a small lake, they took off all their clothes and jumped into the water since it was fairly secluded.
Feeling refreshed, the trio decided to pick a few berries while enjoying their "freedom." As the were crossing an open area, a group of women from town appeared suddenly.
Unable to get to their clothes in time, the American and the Japanese quickly used their hands to cover their privates but the Chinese covered his face as the trio ran for cover!
After the ladies had left and the men had retrieved their clothes, the American and the Japanese asked the Chinese why he covered his face rather than his private part.
The Chinese replied,"I don't know about where you come from but, in my country, it's the face that people recognized."

14 Comments:

Blogger Shan.E. said...

Hey Lik EE...just catching up on the blogs. When's the next big potbless? I have some cultural jokes to share!!!!!

7:26 am  
Blogger Ou Lik Ee said...

Hey can I know who is this?

4:36 pm  
Blogger Shan.E. said...

I am a longtime reader of your blog...I became aware of you through our mutual love of the potbless!

3:32 am  
Blogger Ou Lik Ee said...

Ohh I see.. Where you got my blog and since when have you read my blog? I mean I never knew I got a fans over here though.. =)

8:15 pm  
Blogger Shan.E. said...

I think you might have more fans than you know. Many people over here just love reading blogs, all the live long day. I found your's because I was trying to work on my potbless and you are an expert. I saw the pictures! I also saw the pictures of your coworkers, if you know what I mean!

6:29 am  
Blogger Ou Lik Ee said...

Huh?? What pic? Well you saw me doing potbless? With my co-workers? So keng meh? Which blog of mine says that I am expert? I mean I wrote so many blog but I can't remember which you mean.. Btw I got so many fans meh? I mean not many ppl comment on my blogs which I really do hope that there are responses given though.. =) Btw thanks for supporting me and read my blog too.. =)

10:41 pm  
Blogger Ou Lik Ee said...

Btw you got blog as well? Maybe I can link yours with mine..

10:43 pm  
Blogger Shan.E. said...

I'm too nervous to start a blog...you set a pretty high standard, you know. The pictures I saw were from a couple years ago...the potbless looked AWESOME, so I assumed you were an expert.
I don't really know what so keng meh means. But I do know this: I was talking about this blog with a friend JUST LAST NIGHT!! Even when people don't write a comment, I know they feel a comment.
PTL buddy!

1:12 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola Lik Ee! I'm not sure you know what that means, because it is in Spanish!!! But that means, "Hello Lik Ee!" Haha, we all speak different, but the same also. Anyway, I want to let you know that i AM the friend Shannon was talking to about the potbless and your blog! You see, Shannon is from a church the United States that comes to Mexico (where I am from) to help build things. In turn, we provide spiritual leadership for her church and make them feel good. I guess you can say now that your blog is an INTERNATIONAL success! hehe! ;)

2:18 am  
Blogger Ou Lik Ee said...

Well Shannon, I can't remember whether had I posted any pictures of my organised potbless before.. But did I actually set a high standard on the potbless?? Can't see it either.. Anyway thanks for reading for my blog though.. And as for you, Sancho, nice to meet you. I never knew that there are a lot of people who read my blog. And the amazing thing is that it had became internationally known? Sure? Cause I never knew that though.. I thought it was domestically known only among all my circle of friend. =)So you all are from America eh? I never knew that Americans read my blog too. I guess it is quite interesting for me to find this out. Thanks for letting me know. =)

8:08 pm  
Blogger Shan.E. said...

Lik EEEEE (nickname!)!
You are right, buddy. I looked back at the potbless blog and there were no pics. I guess the blog was just so, so descriptive that I imagined it, and then I thought there really were pictures! The mind is a funny thing (American saying).
Well Sancho and I were talking about you and I think we all have a lot in common. For example:
1-church
2-coworkers
3-potblesses
4-celebrating Mother's Day
5-reading blogs
And more...OH MY!

12:38 am  
Blogger Ou Lik Ee said...

Well Shannon I always believe that it is a good thing to gather all the saints together to have fun besides learning the Word of God. What is the point we all don't know each other and fight because of some small mis-communication? Am I right? =) Well really thanks for reading my blog though. Will write more after my exam this coming Thursday. =) Well I guess we should continue going to church, continue to be co-worker to each others, continue to have potbless to have fellowship with the saints, continue to celebrate Mother's Day because Mother is the world's most incredible person after God and continune to read blogs to help us to know more Christian bloggers and to learn more from each other.. =)

3:59 pm  
Blogger Shan.E. said...

Well Lik EE--You said it best: bloggers just need to learn from each other! That's why I read blogs...to learn. And to grow.
We love to gather all the saints over here as well! Have you been to the US?
I agree about all the fighting--what is that about? I am pro-peace in the church. You are so right! ;)

Thanks for pointing out that we should continue to do the things we have in common (especially celebrating Mom's Day, am I right?), because what else can we do, if not those things?

Best to you and the saints!!

5:59 am  
Blogger Ou Lik Ee said...

Glad that you like what I wrote in blog Shannon.. There are times people think that what I wrote and say is not good. Well at times it might not be good in a glance, but in the end I always do hope that whatever I say and do in this world would be able to influence others to seek God. I guess that is one of the thing I am learning to do using blog. Not for my glory but Jesus' glory.. Amen? I always believe in having peace.. =) By the way, Shannon you got facebook? =) If got what is your email? I want to add you..

4:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home