Walking With Jesus!!

It is not easy to walk with Jesus and yet a lot of Christians wanted to walk right with Jesus.. Therefore I really want to blog all my walks so that I can remember all the walks that I have had with Jesus and to rely on Him and allow Him to carry me when I couldn't walk right with Him anymore.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Is migrating a good choice for Malaysian Christians?

     I was reading some news from the web and an interesting news pop up. It is a story whereby a lot of Malaysians (I am a Malaysian) left the country for a better future. One of the few significant places they migrate to are Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, USA, UK etc etc. I was also asked to leave Malaysia for a brighter future for myself, my future wife (if I have one now) and perhaps my future kids.
     To be honest, I choose to stay in Malaysia regardless of anything. I am a Christian. I choose to stay here to give hope to the hopeless. I choose to stay because I was born here. Not elsewhere. If everybody especially the Malaysian Christians choose to leave rather than stay and be the hope for others, what would happen to Malaysia? You may call me stupid or a fool, but despite all the political and economic turmoil, are we seriously living in hell? Few years back, a Christian friend of mine told me that he was finding a job in New Zealand because he is poor and could not afford to take care of his parent. So going to New Zealand to work, he can use the money earned there to bring back to Malaysia for his parent's use. For everyone's information, he is paying for the loan of two Toyotas, one Vios, (I can't remember the other car model), one apartment in Kota Damansara and he was earning big fat RM5,000. Okay. RM5,000 is not big but few years back it was still big. It was before 2010. As of me, I do not own anything. No car and no house and my parent still can live a good life.
     Anyway, the reason I am writing this blog is just to say that despite all the turmoil in Malaysia, I do believe there is still hope in Malaysia. One thing I was say is this. Let us do things not just for the sake of our children's future alone. We ought not to do so (from a Christian to another Christian). If everything that we do, we do for the sake our children only, then there is no point living in this life. Why I say that? It is as though we all are living like Jonah. Jonah ran away from God's calling. God's calling for him was to preach the gospel to Nineveh, a place of wickedness but he ran away and fell into a whale's belly. (Please read the whole Book of Jonah to know what happened). We were born in Malaysia and being Malaysians, we are to preach gospel to the lost in Malaysia. You might not directly preach to them but by being supportive over them and guide them in life, it is also considered as a hope to the lost. We are to be called as salt and light of the world. But are we really doing it? If something bad happened to your surrounding (for example, Malaysia), you ran away and migrate elsewhere. Where is the salt and the light in that manner? So if something bad happened in the new country you reside now, you migrate again. Then you are not salt and light of the world. You can say there won't be any bad things happened in this new country but how do you know. Even Sabah (one state in Malaysia located in Borneo Island) was facing earthquake 3 times in a month. Never in my life I face such a news in Malaysia. Malaysia is always a country whereby no natural disaster happened before. The only disaster happened before was the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami which affected Malaysia as well. But other than that, there is no disaster happened in Malaysia. But yet earthquake in Sabah was something new to me, which leads me to believe that we are living in the end times now.
     What I am trying to say is this. If you want to obey God and be the salt and light of the world, please consider Malaysia as part of your choice of destination. We are the light and salt of the world. If all Christians leave Malaysia for the betterment of their life, then who will protect and defense the defenseless in Malaysia. Malaysia is no longer like the good old times. Malaysia is in need of hope. We should stand up and be the hope to Malaysia. I do believe in this. If we choose to stand up for God, our future will also be bright. In fact brighter because we are serving a living God. We do what God told us to do. Be a difference. We give back what we received before. What our children need is not some theory education anymore. Yes. We still need to teach them theory education, like how to be a good person. But we must also show it up. One way to do that is to be a living testimony to people surrounding us in Malaysia. I believe that by staying back in Malaysia and earning lower pay than your friends elsewhere, alone is a living testimony. Your friends might earn big money but is their life complete? Let your children see this, that money is not everything but helping others who are in need are more important. When they know this, they can survive anywhere. But if you think of securing their future overseas, you are just spoiling them. In times to come, they can't even survive without even a spoon fed. Remember how we were always been spoon fed during our education life? And at the end, do we know learn anything out of it? In fact some were complaining our education system sucks. Guess what? You are the product of the spoon fed yourself if you actually wants to secure their future by migrating elsewhere. You do not need to do big things for Malaysia. Be everyone's friends regardless of their races. Do not just be a friend to same skin colour alone. That alone is a testimony. There is a reason why we were all born in Malaysia. We should be the there to defend everyone regardless of their races. To me, we do not need to go elsewhere to bless the poor, we can even do it in Malaysia. 
     So I hope everyone understand my worries. I am worrying that life in Malaysia is no longer the same anymore since a lot of people are migrating. God is looking for someone with the heart to serve Him. Let's make the decision of living in Malaysia be the motive you want serve Him. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home