Walking With Jesus!!

It is not easy to walk with Jesus and yet a lot of Christians wanted to walk right with Jesus.. Therefore I really want to blog all my walks so that I can remember all the walks that I have had with Jesus and to rely on Him and allow Him to carry me when I couldn't walk right with Him anymore.

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Re-learn the basis of Christianity

Hello.. I am back. Had been pretty long out of blogging. Well my computer has been hopsitalized ever since after my exam till now. Even now I am not using my own computer. Went to my house mate and borrowed his for a couple of day. Anyway here I am again. Wanting to update myself through blogs again. =)
I had forgotten since when but now I am learning to re-learn the basic of Christian living. I mean the assurance of salvation. At times I thought I had learn enough of knowing assurance of salvation, knowing of who Jesus is, understanding what He can do in my life but I guess whatever I learn is not enough. Now I am re-learning back what I had learn so that I would lost any of His assurance at all. Well beside thank God for that I would also like to thank Kenny and the church for helping me to read this book called Give me Forty Days written by Freeda Bowers. I mean at first the intention was to make me learn to grow in the Lord for forty days before Easter. But I guess I prolong the reading long enough that I am still in my final day of the reading. I always thought I have had learned enough from the Bible and of no need to any Christian reading material but I guess its hard for me to admit that I am too proud to say that I still need to equip myself with the basis of Christian understanding so that I would not live a divert Christian living which may leads to backslide.
Well seriously saying life had been tough. Being a Christian life is always tough. Tough till the extend that we do not know what to do but needed God's touching. Seriously saying I do always ask for His touch. As I had said it before this, my favorite bible verse is this which is Psalm 119:11, "I have hidden Your word in my heart, that I might not sin against You." I guess this verse is one important verse in life that we need to apply in our heart. As much as we , being human (mortal) still sins, but knowing that His word is with us, as much as we still sin I guess it is easier for us to repent. Somehow or rather I had learn to apply to use that verse in my life, putting it into practice and making me hard to fall even though I want to. You may ask how to apply it in life since it is not something we can do easily and tangibly. Well I guess we can, since I can, why you cant?

1) Pray. Pray this verse into our life and ask God to sanctify it from being stolen by the devil.

2) Read the Bible. If not daily, do it most of the time.

3) Practice what the Bible say without fail. You may not understand all things but be obedient. I guess in life I had been much obedient to God.

4) Be nice & kind to people who are in need of help. If possible give grace to them and ourselves. I am learning this part but I guess I am learning to release grace to people. I guess most of the people who knows me would know how bad am I in real life. I mean how controlling and demanding I am. Well I guess in life I am not the only one that has this character. Most of us does. In fact I would say everybody does have it. Just that sometime we do not know we have it. Some even come to the point, keep it aside and forget it and try to accommodate with others. I still have all those. That's why I am able to stand and say all these up.

5) Repent. Each time I sin, I ask God for forgiveness. Of course I would be bad bout it but the next day I would come back to God and say sorry. If I still feel not good bout it, I still come to God and say sorry. Say it until I felt and believe that God had forgave me. Otherwise I will keep on apologize until something good happen. I do not believe that continuous asking God for forgiveness is a sin or something we ought not do. If we are sincere and yet we felt bad let us not just stop there. Say sorry until God calm us down. I guess most of the time it is not we felt God did not forgive us but rather it is us who do not forgive ourselves. I felt that all the time. Well I can't say much here since I am a human being and I am God's product in progress. So no matter what the guilt would be there. What I can do is continue to ask God to change me and learning to allow Him to change me.

6) Forgive others. Well this is the hardest part of my life that I am struggling with. I mean I do not know how to forgive others. In fact I have more unforgiveness rather than forgiveness. I guess I just can't let go off all things. I mean in real life whatever happened to me, I always give in to quarrels and this leads me to face bitter. Well what can I say? People always right or at least I felt that they makes themselves right and I am wrong. I mean in a lot of way people does that to me. For one thing all the time last time, I used to wanting to argue with them but now I guess everybody is right. So no point saying anything anymore. In that sense there is less unforgiveness in life I would have to face. Cause there is nothing to forgive or unforgive.

Anyway I hope whatever I blog here does have sense to a lot of people. If not at least it gave sense to me, that would be good enough. Got to go bed soon. God bless.. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home